Sunday, July 13, 2008

Confession Number Thirty-Five

I must confess...

...that I'm a Twilighter.

There is so much I rave about concerning the Twilight series; so very, very much. Since I have a male co-blogger who has probably not read it and has no interest in doing so (the boyfriend doesn't either, because he's obviously close-minded in his male stereotypes, something which I will remedy), Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer, is the first in a four-part saga written from the perspective of a 17 year-old girl named Bella, who is going to live with her father in the dreary, rainy, little town of Forks, Washington, since her mother is getting remarried.

At Forks High, she meets the mysterious Edward Cullen and his siblings, who are reclusive despite being devestatingly beautiful, and becomes irrevocably invovled in their world and their secret.

This is not the point of my entry, but more boys should read this book. If you are a smart male, you will read this book. There are females all over the world, ranging from ages 12 to 35 who have devoured this book, and there's a reason: Edward is the perfect male. So, just a little peice of advice from me: READ THIS BOOK BOYS, AND TAKE SOME TIPS FROM EDWARD.

Anyway, none of that is the point. The point is that I just pre-ordered my copy of Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final book in the Twilight series, which is released in 19 days. I am so excited I cannot even express.

(Also, I ordered Havemercy by Jaida Jones and Danielle Bennett, which I'm also irrevocably excited about because JAIDA IS A GODDESS I TELL YOU, A GODDESS AMONG MORTALS.)

So, basically whenever Amazon.com gets my books to me, I will disappear from the face of the earth for a day or two while I devour Breaking Dawn like a rapid, starving animal.




What books or movies or fandoms in general do you just get crazy about?
(Yeah, I'm going to start asking questions now. Get involved, bbs.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just a small comment..............Edward and Edmund........yeah...u have an "ed" thing.....and if you really want me to read this book I never said i wasnt interested......=D......and dont even ask me about fandoms......mine are too nerdy for my own good....

justdpl said...

omg! i found a new love - iJustine! Total fan of her! She IS the internet!

And, musicals. I'm in love with them. Especially the belty ones (Dreamgirls anyone? "And I am Telling You", what about Wicked? "Defying Gravity")

deelirious said...

sheehan: YOU FAIL IN THE COLUMN OF LITERATURE. I NEED TO EDUCATE YOU.

justin: iJustine, huh? How ironic. And obviously you are in love with musicals, I already knew this. :D (also, I have not seen Dreamgirls yet. Next movie night?)