Friday, August 29, 2008

Confession Number Fifty-Two

I must confess...

... that I am officially POed with the choice McCain has made for VP!

First of all, I'm sure that one of the main reasons he chose Sarah Palin as a running mate is because she is a woman! McCain thinks that by choosing a woman he will steal the votes of the disgruntled Hillary voters. This is a ridiculous idea because if a 16 year old male is able to realize this, most middle-aged women (the primary age group of Hillay's supporters) will be able to too.

The energy policies of the two just make me cringe! Palin is all about drilling oil. As Governor of Alaska, she wants to promote drilling to make her state more money (it's sad that money overpowers morals). In 2008, she also rejected the declaration of polar bears as an endangered species. Why? So it wouldn't hamper her plans to drill oil.

For this part, I'm just going to tell you her stance with no opinion because I don't want people to get too riled up: She is pro-life.

Not to mention an ethics investigation where Palin fired the state Public Commissioner Walt Monegan. Supposedly, she fired him because he refused to fire her former brother-in-law, a state trooper, who is in a custody battle with her younger sister.

To wrap it up, I still would love to see Ron Paul make a super, amazing, miraculous comeback and win the election through write-ins!

1 comment:

deelirious said...

Ha! If Ron Paul made some miraculous come-back, it would be the biggest political upset ever. I WOULD BE SO HAPPY. :D :D