Sunday, August 17, 2008

Confession Number Fifty-One

I must confess...

...that I found the most amusing thing ever this morning.

Apparently in the 70s, DC Comics published a "Super Dictionary" for children. The following are scans from that book, courtesy of Google Images and scans_daily.

What a smartass oracle, huh?

lmao, "The last people who complained were sorry." Oh, Flash.


It's so hard to choose a favorite out of all of these, but this is definitely in the top five. "That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible." I need reasons to say that in real life. Suggestions, please. XD


Why does the Green Lantern have a duck? I AM PERPLEXED.

THERE ARE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Did Superman just decide, "Hey, I'm going to take off my boots mid-flight"?? He looks so surprised, and he's actually falling, WTF CLARK?


YOU CAN FLY, MORON.

LMAO, "I hurt my own body."

OMG. CURTAINS CANNOT HIDE YOU FROM MY EYES.

Suggestions for this one too. Give me plausible situations in which I may use this; I'll love you forever.

(Btw, in case you aren't familiar with the conjuction 'I'll', here's Batgirl and Robin to elaborate:)

(p.s. You don't have any powers, Batgirl.)

I FEEL YOUR ANGST, GREEN ARROW. I FEEL IT. IT'S SO PAINFUL. D:

And the crown gem of this entire thing...

Why so seizure, Batman?

So, this is going on my Christmas list. I want a copy of this book so badly. I'm considering teaching my future children with this book.

XD

2 comments:

justdpl said...

OMG! I LOVE IT!
I WANT ONE TOO!

maybe in a dressing room at a department store you could say CURTAINS CANNOT HIDE YOU FROM MY EYES <--- that would be awesome

and whenever someone says forty just say "That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible."

deelirious said...

I think I'll just toss around the phrase, "And that's terrible" during any lulls in conversation. It'll be great. :D