Thursday, February 14, 2008

Confession Number Fourteen

I must confess...

...that I have a love/hate relationship with Valentine's Day, which is, of course, completely fitting, seeing as it's Valentine's Day.

I think that it's sweet that there's a day set aside for love and whatnot, but at the same time, it's a terribly commercialized holiday set in place to make money by selling roses and chocolate and those cheezy little fold-in-half valentines that elementary school kids give out en masse, with saying like 'Let's fly high this Valentine's Day' and a picture from Transformers on it. (I'm going off of one of the valentines that my brother brought back.)

But I've done my ranting about Vday in past years, and I'm surprisingly passive today. It's probably just because I stole my brother's candy. It placates me.

(Also, I wanted to post the 14th confesstion on the 14th, because I like patterns like that, and 14 is also my favorite number.)

As a post-script, I'm also shamelessly stealing Justin's idea and taking suggestions for things to write about. Anything at all, go on.

hugs and kisses and sweet things aside
(along with the undoubtable vomit that comes with it),
dee.

1 comment:

justdpl said...

I think I love/hate Valentine's Day too. Instead, I celebrate Single's Appreciation Day.